Thursday, November 1, 2012

Longest Five Minutes - LASIK Surgery

The optometrist gave me a piece of paper on what are the instructions during the scheduled LASIK operation the day after the check-up. My schedule was around 2:30 pm but I have ti be there at 2:00 for pre-operation instructions.




When I, along with my mother and boyfriend, arrived in the Centre for sight in Cebu Doctors University Hospital there were a lot of people waiting for the operation. The nurses and the optometrist got all things ready for Dr. Larazzabal.

The clock strikes 2:30 and the other patients were inside already wearing their operation clothes and took their relaxing pill but Dr. Larazzabal was still busy finishing the patients for check-up.

At around 3:30 the operation started for the first person on the list. I got anxious waiting until my name was called. I went in the room and wore the clothes for operation took the medicine and sat down on the waiting area to be called just like the rest of the patients.

It was my turn already, I stood up and felt somewhat a little dizzy (maybe the effect of the medicine). The nurse guided me and let me lie down ready to be operated.

The nurse dropped anesthesia on my eyes and Dr. Larazzabal started the operation. Instructions were given like look stare on the light and I tried to follow them. I waited for the longest five minutes in my life to be done.

There was no pain during the LASIK procdure but when the ring was inserted on my eye for me not to blink it was kind of irritating.




1 comment: