Thursday, November 1, 2012

Eye Check-up @ Larazzabal Eye

Last Monday, I went to a prestigious hospital in Cebu, Cebu Doctors University Hospital and had my eye checked by an ophthalmology Dr. Yong Larazzabal III. Before he was able to see my eye, his assistants and the other Dr. (she's an optometrist) did the screening. There were too many eye machines used for them to really be able to know what my eye problem was.




After tests were run the optometrist told me I have hyperopic astigmatism in the left eye while my right eye was in good condition. She then told me I can't have a pair of glasses since my left eye's grade is too high and that my left eye has become lazy to work so the glasses has no use.

I then ask her what is suppose to be done. She said I could undergo Lasik that would cost me 52,000 pesos. Its a lot of money but I thought for a minute that I could borrow money from my brother and just pay it in time. The optometrist told me that the money I will be paying includes the follow-up check-ups, the medicine to be drop on my eye and the home therapy.

The Lasik and other refractive surgery is scheduled every Wednesday but because November 1 is a holiday they moved the operation day to Tuesday for them to check on the patients condition the following day.

For awhile I was caught in the middle. But,I told myself I have to risk borrowing because I was thinking if I might not push through with the Lasik what would happen to my left eye years in the years to come.

By the way, in order to be able to have an appointment with Dr. Larazzabal you have to be early in the hospital and sign for a priority number.

If you want to know more about Lasik and other eye surgery here is he link: http://www.larrazabaleye.com/centre_for_sight.html

1 comment:

  1. Eye Consultation" provides different apparatus that can easily detect your eyes problem.

    ReplyDelete